Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Living to Tell...

I am a bit delayed in keeping this blog abreast of our P90X progress...but I have officially made it three days into my SECOND week of P90X, and I have lived to tell about it! It is not nearly as torturous as I feared, praise God! I believe that is because we were in pretty good shape (at least internally) from our P90 prior to setting out on the "X" factor.


Oh, don't get me wrong. I am good for nothing for awhile when we are done, and I am not up to the speed of those on the video 100%, but I am making it without the use of CPR or barf-bag. This is meaningful. I actually DO see some evidence of my body changing, which is awesome so soon. My husband and I keep saying we better take those "before" pictures, yet we keep forgetting! I still have a long ways to go so it should be a pretty good "before" snapshot of where I started, but a month or so ago would have been better.


There's also a whole new depth of sweating. Being out in our shed in a record hot June (near 100) doesn't do anything but help us sweat it out. We are out pretty early in the morning, however, but it is still stifling and muggy, about 80 degrees at least. Today I had the interesting experience of sweat dripping into my ear...that was a new one (not my favorite!). Where my husband is working it looks as if it has been raining by the end of the workout. Let's just say we aren't real cuddly at that point.


Yes, so far so good. I really like the variety, which makes it easier to get up and move. When you just alternate two videos, like we did with the P90, it becomes tedious, anticipating each joke and treading certain moves you hate. 


The hardest day of the first seven, for me, was the yoga. First of all, who decided an hour and a half of this stuff was a good idea? Do the folks at Beachbody not realize we have a life? Anyway, as a flexible person and ballerina, I think I dove in with too much enthusiasm. As the day wore on, I felt worse and worse. Almost like I was ill with something. I was so exhausted. My husband had the same experience on the day we did lots of legs, he is a former football player and knew a lot of the moves that we did...and just about wasted himself doing so.


Moral of the story? Don't get cocky! Pace yourself so you can see the rest of your day through with some measure of coherency. 


Well, time to take a shower. I was using my after-plyometric cool down to sit and type. By the way, that is one tough workout! I have never had a certain problem that a few of my friends have complained about...but can you say "Keegal"? Hello! A few of those exercises put strain in some...um...awkward places! (Not sure if I spelled that right!).


OK, time to rock on...over and out!

No comments: